Thank You to the 40+ 2021 Scholarship Applicants.
The scholarships will be awarded at the 2021 Governor's Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction,
August 11, 2021, in the Case IH Coliseum.
2021 Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship Application
The Blue-Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation will offer $30,500 in scholarship awards in 2021:
- Five $2000 scholarships
- Six $1,500 scholarships
- Seven $1000 scholarships
- Eight $500 scholarships
- One $500 Marv Espenschied Memorial scholarship
These scholarships recognize the achievements of Wisconsin State Fair Junior Livestock exhibitors and assist them with their educational expenses.
- Individuals must be between the ages of 17-19 as of January 1st, 2021.
- Individuals must be a current or past junior livestock exhibitor who has exhibited beef, sheep, and/or swine at the Wisconsin State Fair.
- Individuals must pursue a post high school education and be enrolled or planning to enroll in a University, Vocational/Technical School or University short course.
- Only one scholarship will be awarded per individual, with an exception for the individual receiving the Marv Espenschied Memorial scholarship.
- All applicants must complete and submit a Blue-Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation scholarship application online to be submitted no later than Thursday, April 15, 2021. Click here for the online scholarship application
- 27 recipients will be chosen from the applications received by the scholarship committee. The top 11 finalists will interview for the top awards. These are one-time scholarships.
- Applications will be judged on the following basis:
• State Fair participation, 35%
• Leadership activities, 30%
• Interview, 20%
• Scholastic Achievement, 15%.
- Each of the top 11 finalists will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 10, 2021 to determine the top scholarship winners. Interview dates and times are subject to change based on Wisconsin State Fair schedule.
- The top candidates will receive the scholarships regardless of species exhibited.
- Winners will be recognized at the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction on Wednesday, August 11th, 2021. Scholarship recognition is subject to change based any schedule changes related to COVID-19.
- The scholarship will be paid to students after receiving a copy of the class schedule for the 2021 fall semester.
For More Information Contact: