2019 Wisconsin State Fair
Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation
The Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation will offer $30,500 in scholarship awards this year. There will be five $2000 scholarships, six $1,500 awards, seven $1000 scholarships, and eight $500 scholarships and one special, Rudy VanFleet Memorial Scholarship - $500. These scholarships recognize the achievements of Wisconsin State Fair Junior Livestock exhibitors and assist them with their educational expenses.
1. Individuals must be between the ages of 17-19 as of January 1st of the current year.
2. Individuals must be a current or past junior livestock exhibitor who has exhibited beef, sheep, and/or swine at the Wisconsin State Fair.
3. Individuals must pursue a post high school education, and be enrolled or planning to enroll in a University, Vocational/Technical School or University short course.
4. Only one scholarship will be awarded per individual.
1. We request that all applicants complete and return a Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship Application on-line to be submitted no later than Monday, April 15, 2019. If you submitted an application in 2018 you can use the same log-in information. If you are not able to apply on-line, you may print the scholarship application, available on our website www.gbrla.com, and submit by regular mail, postmarked no later than Monday, April 15, 2019 and mail to the address listed on the bottom of the application.
2. Twenty seven recipients will be chosen from the applications received by the scholarship committee. The top eleven finalists will interview for the top awards. These are one-time scholarships.
3. Applications will be judged on the following basis: State Fair participation, 35%; Leadership activities, 30%; Interview, 20%; Scholastic Achievement, 10%; Career plans, 5%.
4. Each of the eleven finalists will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 to determine the top scholarship winners.
5. The top candidates will receive the scholarships regardless of species exhibited.
6. Winners will be recognized at the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction on Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
7. The scholarship will be awarded after receiving a copy of the class schedule for the fall semester.
For More Information Contact: Mary Beth Carr / Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation at