2018 Wisconsin State Fair
Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship Information
The Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation is excited to offer $30,000 in scholarship awards this year. There will be five $2000 scholarships, six $1,500 awards, seven $1000 scholarships, and eight $500 scholarships. These scholarships recognize the achievements of Wisconsin State Fair Junior Livestock exhibitors and assist them with their educational expenses.
- Individuals must be between the ages of 17-19 as of January 1st of the current year.
- Individuals must be a current or past junior livestock exhibitor who has exhibited beef, sheep, and/or swine at the Wisconsin State Fair.
- Individuals must pursue a post high school education, and be enrolled or planning to enroll in a University, Vocational/Technical School or University short course.
- Only one scholarship will be awarded per individual.
1. On-line applications are the preferred method of submitting your application.
We request that all applicants complete and submit a Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship Application on-line no later than midnight, April 15, 2018.
If you are not able to apply on-line, you may print the scholarship application (see links below), available on our website www.gbrla.com, and submit by regular mail, postmarked no later than Monday, April 16, 2018 and mail to:
Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation
c/o Mary Beth Carr
3492 Paradise Drive
West Bend, Wisconsin 53095
2. Twenty six recipients will be chosen from the applications received by the scholarship committee. The top eleven finalists will interview for the top awards. These are one-time scholarships.
3. Applications will be judged on the following basis: State Fair participation, 35%; Leadership activities, 30%; Interview, 20%; Scholastic Achievement, 10%; Career plans, 5%.
4. Each of the eleven finalists will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 to determine the top scholarship winners.
5. The top candidates will receive the scholarships regardless of species exhibited.
6. Winners will be recognized at the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction on Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
7. The scholarship will be awarded after receiving a copy of the class schedule for the fall semester.
Download the application to print and deliver manually: